If you’ve ever asked the universe for some kind of sign and got it clear as day, what was it and how did it go? r/AskReddit

If you’ve ever asked the universe for some kind of sign and got it clear as day, what was it and how did it go?

level 1
8.5k points · 13 hours ago
Wholesome (Pro)Bless UpWholesomeWholesome Seal of Approval
When my mom died, I was pretty destroyed. We were very close. I was feeling like I couldn't understand how to live in the world without her. One day I was driving home from work, depressed as hell, and I started thinking how much I'd love it if I could get a sign from her - surprising myself a bit, as I'm not at all religious, and am highly skeptical about things like signs from the universe. But I missed her so much that I mentally asked the universe for a sign.
She really loved birds, so I thought, wouldn't it be cool if it came in the form of a bird. Maybe a sparrow or even a pigeon or something.
I got home, parked my car, and walked up the path to the cottage I was renting (this was in the city of Berkeley, CA). As I was unlocking the front door, off to the side a flash of color caught my eye. I turned to look, and it was a Chinese pheasant. I had no idea what it was, I had to look it up, but if you Google Chinese pheasants, you'll see why I was so blown away. It was brilliantly colored, with gold on its head and back, orange and black bars on its neck, bright red chest and blue on its wings - the most psychedelic bird I've ever seen. And it was standing on my front porch, a bird native to fucking China. I had no clue how the hell it COULD even be there. I thought I had to be dreaming, so I got my neighbor to come see it. We stared at it with our jaws hanging open. Then it sort of squawked and flew away.
And it hit me, that I had asked my mom / the universe for a sign, thinking maybe a drab little sparrow or a pigeon - and what I got was a bird that was ridiculously over the top, and it was exactly the kind of joke my mom would have loved.
I'm still skeptical and not religious and don't believe in fairies and shit, but... that was weird, and also great.



8.0k points · 11 hours ago
Gold2Silver
Similar story; stuck in a horrific job, eating myself to death at McDonald's. I was having a particularly shitty day and my boss had screamed at me and the other technicians over something that she (the boss) had fucked up.
I must have been looking extra miserable because this little old lady comes in. She notices me sitting at a table alone and smiles.
She simply says "Hey! Don't let 'em win."
It cut to my core. How could she know my fight? It's like she saw right through my defenses and nailed my fucking situation.
A little while later she was leaving with her food and she smiled again and said "Have a nice day!" and I smiled back and told her "Thank you, you too!".
So that's been my mantra ever since "Don't let 'em win." It's simple but it got me out of that shitty situation.


level 1
4.7k points · 16 hours ago
I was walking. What would have been a 4 hour drive... And I was walking. I straight up begged for a car to stop and pick me up and literally seconds later a woman stopped who was traveling all the way to where I was heading. Same town. 4 hours away. What are those odds?




No comments:

Post a Comment

watch live tv channels

watch live tv channels : watch live tv channels